Sunday, November 24, 2013

Blessed Beyond Measure


My heart is so full right now. The title of this post pretty much sums it up. With Thanksgiving and the end of the year approaching I've just been doing a lot of reflecting lately (Which I do all the time, actually. I'm a thinker.). And, I feel incredibly blessed.

In Relief Society today we talked about some of the "small and subtle" blessings we receive from the Lord. Also, this week I had the opportunity to talk with a friend who has many trials. I just walked away from that conversation realizing how blessed I am and how I take so many things for granted. So many little things that are actually huge blessings.

It's so easy to focus on everything we don't have. But, when we focus on everything we do have, we realize we are so blessed.

I could probably write for hours about my many blessings. But, I won't. I'll just a highlight a few things.

1. The Gospel. How in the world have I been so blessed to have it in my life my entire life? I don't know why, but I am so glad. The Gospel means so much to me and I can't imagine not knowing what I know.

2. Friends. Friends make life so much better. I've lived in a lot of different places and have made many friends in each of those places. Such a blessing in my life. It makes my heart so happy when I get a random text or call from a friend - just because they were thinking of me.

3. Family. Specifically, the nine nieces and nephews that call me aunt. They have been a huge blessing in my life. They've brought me so much joy and happiness. I don't have children of my own right now, but I feel like Heavenly Father has given me these kids to somewhat fill that void in my life.

4. Earth. It is so gorgeous. I'm grateful I have eyes to see it. I was thinking about that the other day. I love photography - a lot. But, I wouldn't be able to take pictures if I couldn't see.

5. My Body. I am so grateful I have the ability to see, hear, walk, run, talk, laugh, etc. Too often I get caught up in the fact that my body does not look the way I'd like it to. When really, I should be grateful I even have one and that it functions fully.

Like I said, I could go on and on, but I won't. As the Josh Groban song says, "There's so much to be Thankful for." It's true. And gratitude brings happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment