Sunday, August 20, 2017

When God Doesn't Move the Mountains



I've learned a hard, but important lesson over the past two years of my life. It's this: sometimes God doesn't move the "mountains" in our lives. He can, but sometimes He doesn't. 

Sometimes we pray with all of our might. Sometimes we've got an army of friends and family praying for us too. And still, the mountain is there. 

Sometimes we just have to climb up that mountain. And it's so dang hard. And so dang long. It seems so insurmountable. 

But I can tell you this - yes, sometimes God doesn't move the mountain, but He's certainly there climbing it with us every step of the way. 

I've had a "mountain" in my life the past two years. Actually, I've had a few mountains. It's been the hardest time of my life. But, I have to say I've NEVER felt God closer. I've never felt closer to Him. I've never had to rely on Him as much as I have had to now. I've never had to trust Him more. I've never known more that I can't do it on my own. (Don't get me wrong - there have been nights my pillow has been wet with tears because I've wondered where in the world God is and why He hasn't come through. But, I've worked through those moments and realized that He really Has been with me.)

Sometimes God doesn't move the mountains because that would be too easy for us. If He'd moved the mountains for me a year ago, would I have spent hours pouring diligently over His words and praying all of my heart out to Him, pleading with Him this past year? Maybe to a certain extent, but definitely not to THIS extent. If He'd moved that mountain would I be as strong as I am now? No, I certainly wouldn't. He wants us to grow. And sometimes that means climbing mountains for years. 

I haven't reached the top yet, but I feel like I'm getting closer. And I know when I do, the view will be absolutely incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment