Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Keep Dreamin'

Seemed like an appropriate picture - as it's such a dreamy scene. :) 

The other day as I was sitting at my desk at work having a moment when I just wondered if my life will ever change, the following phrase entered my mind:

"Keep your eyes on your dreams." 

It comes from a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland. And there's more. More goodness. :) He says:

"Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away."

I have dreams. I have big dreams. I dream of having my own family - of having a husband and children. I dream of having my own home - of not having to label my food after 14 years of roommates. ;) I dream of having my own photography business on the side while I raise my kids. Yes, I have dreams. And, at times they seem VERY distant and far away. 

But, I know God doesn't want me to give up hope. I know that He's a God of miracles. 

I am grateful for my Savior, who will make it all possible. These words have been very comforting to me the past few years: 

I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I’ll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: “Ye shall obtain.”

I know it's true. And so, my friends, let's not give up. Keep dreaming. Keep believing. Even if those dreams seem SO far away. 

I am grateful for a loving Savior and Father in Heaven who remind me when I'm going through "grief and pain" that one day I WILL obtain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment