Sunday, May 12, 2013

"Content with the Things Allotted Unto Us"



I listened to this talk this morning and absolutely loved it. I love Elder Maxwell. His talks really seem to speak to me. He was a man who knew hard times. He knew what it meant to come unto Christ. (He dealt with cancer.)

I've decided I really need to listen to this/watch this several times to process everything in this talk.

But, one part of the talk I really like says, "Being content means acceptance without self-pity. Meekly borne, however, deprivations such as these can end up being like excavations that make room for greatly enlarged souls. Some undergo searing developments that cut suddenly into mortality’s status quo. Some have trials to pass through, while still others have allotments they are to live with."

I don't think he is saying we need to resign ourselves and think, "Well, my life stinks. That's just the way it is. It'll never get better." 

No, I think he's saying we need to think more along the lines of, "Ok. This is a trial I have been given. Heavenly Father wants me to go through this. I can do this. I can make it. I can be stronger because of this."

So many things to think about. Hope this uplifts and comforts you as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment