Tuesday, April 30, 2013

19 Years Ago

Nineteen years ago today, I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is crazy to think it has been that long. But, I think of how I've grown and learned so much in that amount of time. At eight years old I had such limited knowledge. But, I felt in my heart that the Church was true. My testimony started to grow at an early age. I can honestly say that I've always known the Church is true. I feel that that is truly a gift from God. As I've grown older, I have studied it out in my mind and prayed to know if it is right. And I have felt the confirmation from the Spirit.

At eight years old I had no idea what lied ahead or who I'd become. Little did I know that years down the road I'd become a representative of The Lord and the Church as I served a mission in Chicago.

I can honestly say that being a member of the LDS Church has been the best thing I have ever done. No one is forcing me to remain active in the Church. I do it on my own. And I see the blessings that come from it. I know who I am, where I came from before I was born, why I am here and where I am going after this life.

I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment