Monday, July 15, 2013

God Will Remember You



I came across this talk recently (given by Spencer J. Condie in the October 2007 General Conference). I really liked it (basically, if I post something about a talk on here, that means I like it. :) )

My favorite part of the talk was this: "In this age of one-hour dry cleaning and one-minute fast-food franchises, it may at times seem to us as though a loving Heavenly Father has misplaced our precious promises or He has put them on hold or filed them under the wrong name." Love it. I can SO relate to that. I've definitely felt that way.

Elder Condie goes on to mention that that's how Rachel of old felt. Rachel was barren for many years. Elder Condie says, "But with the passage of time, we encounter four of the most beautiful words in holy writ: “And God remembered Rachel” (Genesis 30:22)." "When heaven’s promises sometimes seem afar off, I pray that each of us will embrace these exceeding great and precious promises and never let go. And just as God remembered Rachel, God will remember you."

I love that! We are children of God. He will not and has not forgotten us. I've been on a quest lately to come to a better understanding of who I am, my relationship with my Father and most importantly right now in my life - how my Father sees me and feels about me. It's a process. As I've written before, I don't know if anyone reads this blog, but if you're reading this I want you to know that God does love you and has not forgotten you.

No comments:

Post a Comment