Thursday, July 25, 2013

He Will Multiply It

I was reading in Mark chapter 8 tonight (verses 1-8) about Jesus feeding 4,000 from a few loaves of bread and a few fishes. The passage says,

5 And he asked them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven.

6 And he commanded the people to sit down on the ground: and he took the seven loaves, and gave thanks, and brake, and gave to his disciples to set before them; and they did set them before the people.

7 And they had a few small fishes: and he blessed, and commanded to set them also before them.

8 So they did eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets.

So, these people gave Jesus all that they had-which was small- and he multiplied it. I've always seen this story as a great miracle and evidence of Christ's power (and it is). But, this time, while reading those verses, it hit me- Jesus just asks me to bring all that I have- even if it is small, (which it always is) and He will multiply it. He will make it even something greater.

If I bring my Faith to Him, He'll grow it. If I give him my small amount of tithing, he's going to give me blessings. If I come to him with my problems having done all that I can do, He will turn my problems into blessings. If I give Him a little bit of time (going to church, serving, etc.), He'll give me great blessings.

I had never looked at those verses that way before. Pretty awesome to think about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment