Monday, August 12, 2013

Two Things

Two things to talk about today. First, this awesome quote from a talk I read tonight:

" One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us--to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic."  ("Let Him Do It with Simplicity, " L. Tom Perry)

Second, tonight I had a thought/idea of something I should do for someone else. My first thought was, "oh, I'll do it tomorrow." My second thought was, "that's kind of weird and slightly awkward." And then, my third thought was, "never postpone a prompting." (Pres. Monson) And that's when I knew I had to do what I was going to put off doing. So, yes, I did it. And I did feel a little weird doing it. But, I am grateful The Lord helped me recognize that that wasn't just a thought from me, but it was His Spirit. Sometimes the Spirit prompts us to do things that aren't easy, but that's what helps us grow (and hopefully blesses the person on the receiving end.).

No comments:

Post a Comment