Monday, February 3, 2014

Tender Mercies

It is amazing how in the middle of a crazy, busy day at work a few kind words can impact me so very much. I've kind of said it before, but words are powerful. Maybe words mean so much to me because I studied communication in college (or, rather, I think I studied communication in college because words mean so much). But, anyway, words can do so much. 

In the middle of my hectic day, I received a nice text from someone. I was so touched. It was some kind words. You know what that means? Someone was thinking of me. Someone acted on a thought/prompting to say something to me. And to me, that’s a tender mercy. It is evidence to me that the Lord loves me. He works through His children here on earth. I hope that I can be a vessel for Him like so many others have been.

I’ve posted a lot about the Lord’s love lately. That’s because I’ve been feeling it in greater abundance in my life (and when I feel the Lord’s love I want to share it). And I think that’s because I’ve been working harder to recognize it than I have in the past several months. It’s like the scripture “Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you.”

I can absolutely testify that it works. It really does. If we do our best to draw near unto Him by reading our scriptures and praying – specifically pouring out our hearts to God and letting Him know the burdens we feel, He WILL draw near unto us. There will still be bad, hard times. But, in between those hard times, we will find little gems – little tender mercies (aka little texts) – that come from the Lord to remind us He loves us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment