Friday, February 7, 2014

We Seek After These Things

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul--We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
(Articles of Faith:13)

This is one of the Church's "articles of faith." I've been thinking about this and taking it to heart lately- specifically the last part of that.

There are so many good people in the world. There are so many good people in AND outside of the LDS Church. God fearing, loving, kind people who are striving to live good lives. I've always known this and accepted it, but recently my eyes have been more opened to it I guess you could say.

I like to read blogs. I've come across some blogs lately where the writer's views are so similar to mine and to the Church's. It is so refreshing. It's good to know there are so many of us Christians out there. While we may have some differences in opinions and beliefs, there is a lot we have in common.

I've also enjoyed reading books by Max Lucado and Joel Osteen.

I've also been listening to Christian radio stations such as "KLOVE" and "Air1." This has been nothing but good and inspiring for me. The music played on these stations is not produced by the Church, but it is "virtuous" and "lovely."

I still have a firm testimony of my beliefs and the Church I belong to and will never leave, but these things have only added to and enhanced my faith. I really do believe there is so much good in the world. And I know The Lord wants us to seek after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment