Sunday, September 14, 2014

I'm Not Ashamed

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

This scripture has been on my mind. I've felt closer to the Lord lately and when I feel that way I just want to share with the whole world what I believe and know to be true. So, I have been sharing my testimony a lot lately on many platforms.

My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is something that is very precious to me. Sometimes I worry that I share too much (as in, too frequently. I worry that I am annoying.). (I'm not usually the sharing type in person. I'm usually pretty quiet. Writing is so much easier for me.) But then I remember that I shouldn't worry about that. I shouldn't be ashamed. The desire to share my testimony is a good one. (Of course, there are very personal, sacred things that shouldn't be shared - which I don't share). I shared my beliefs/testimony every day as a full-time missionary. Why shouldn't I share them now?

Tonight I watched a devotional given by an apostle of the Lord (D. Todd Christofferson) and he said the following: "finding our life by losing it for His sake in the gospel entails a willingness to make our discipleship open and public". ...'Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels” (Mark 8:38). I needed to hear that.

I love the Gospel and know it's true with all of my heart. I am proud of my beliefs.  I absolutely love sharing them because the knowledge I have has blessed my life so very much. #sharegoodness

No comments:

Post a Comment