Friday, September 26, 2014

The Sunflower Miracle


The other night I was thinking about how much I need to stop thinking about myself and think of others more. As I was thinking this, the thought popped into my head that I needed to visit a friend the following day. And, I needed to take her flowers. Definitely a good thing. I was excited about it.

I got off work and headed to the store to pick out some flowers. While I was looking at what flowers they had, I noticed some beautiful sunflowers. I decided those would be good - bright and cheery.

I arrived at my friend’s house and she said something along the lines of, “Did you know?” I was confused. She proceeded to tell me she had been in the hospital for a couple of days and had been discharged the night before. I had no idea.

And then, I presented the flowers to her. She told me sunflowers are her favorite flowers. Again, I had no idea.

It was a powerful experience for me. God loves His children. He looks out for them. It reminded me that I should “never postpone a prompting" (Thomas S. Monson). I’m definitely not perfect at that and I’m sure I've missed millions of opportunities. But, for some reason I had things together this time and was able to act on the thought I had. And I’m so very glad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment