Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Our Own Worst Critics

I recently read a really good talk. I highly recommend it. Elder Maxwell said, "Some of us stand before no more harsh a judge than ourselves, a judge who stubbornly refuses to admit much happy evidence and who cares nothing for due process. Fortunately, the Lord loves us more than we love ourselves."

We are our own worst critics. We are hard on ourselves. Maybe it's just me here, but I have a feeling it's not. I've been thinking about this lately. It is so important to have compassion towards ourselves! Heavenly Father doesn't want us to beat ourselves up. We are His children. He loves us so much. Honestly (and sadly), I've spent a lot of time feeling inadequate and beating myself up. And that's not at all what the Lord wants.

So, today, and everyday, talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. 

I'm going to work on being better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment