Monday, December 15, 2014

Prayer

I was reading in the Book of Mormon last night, Mosiah chapter 24. There are so many good things I drew from that chapter.

One verse in particular stood out to me:
 "And it came to pass that so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God." (verse 5)

How true it is. When we're going through great afflictions we "cry" unto God. At least, I do.

I think our times of greatest prayer are definitely times when we are facing hard trials. I am reminded of a quote by Abraham Lincoln: “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” I can say I've definitely felt that way. There have been many times I've cried "mightily unto God" as I've realized how weak I am and how dependent I am upon Him.

Prayer is such a wonderful tool we have to help us through this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment