Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Savior, Redeemer of My Soul

Having celebrated Easter this past week, I have been pondering and reflecting on what the Savior has done for me and how much I love Him. I had the opportunity to go to the Mesa Easter Pageant last week. Thousands of volunteers acted out scenes from the Savior's life. I was touched. As the person playing Jesus depicted the Atonement and the crucifixion, I was filled with so many emotions. He did that for me. He suffered for me. All because He loves me. I know I may never comprehend all that He went through. But I am so very grateful He did what He did for me. 

I honestly cannot even imagine what my life would be like without a belief in and a knowledge of my Savior. It affects every part of my life. It gives me perspective. It helps me to know I am not alone. I have a friend who knows exactly how I feel because He's suffered it all. 

Most of all, and what we celebrate at Easter is the fact that Christ lives. He is risen. We too will be able to be resurrected one day. 

I'm so thankful for my Savior. I love Him so much. I cannot wait for the day when I can see Him again. I want to live my life worthily now so I will  be able to see Him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment