Wednesday, April 3, 2013

There is a Plan

I posted a version of this post on my personal blog, but thought I'd post it here also. 

 One of my former roommate's sister-in-law (husband's sister) passed away in a tragic car accident on Monday. I've thought a lot about this. It breaks my heart, really. I didn't know her, I might add. She was twenty years old. She never got the chance to do so many things in this life. I've already experienced more than she got to experience by the fact that I've lived seven years longer than she lived.

These things really stop and make me think about what matters most. Life can change so quickly. I should be grateful to simply be alive and breathing. Here I am approaching my 27th birthday dreading the fact that I'm getting pretty close to thirty and am getting so old. But, oh my goodness! I am lucky to be alive. I once read the following quote: "Never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." That sure puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

We often take for granted the small and simple things. Boy, it so important to enjoy every moment we have.

I know God has a plan for all of us. One of the fundamental beliefs of Mormonism is that families can be together forever. Meaning, when we "die" we really don't "die." Our bodies may die, but our spirits go to the Spirit World. And one day we'll be reunited with our bodies and live as families forever. So,we don't believe in "till death do us part." We believe if we live righteous lives we can see our loved ones again.

This knowledge changes everything. It gives meaning and perspective to my life. I can't imagine what life would be like without this knowledge. It gives me hope and happiness.

Families are forever. God has a plan. I know this is true. If you don't know if it's true- think about it, study the doctrine, find out for yourself and pray to know if it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment