Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Faith



                              Image source: lds.org Gospel Library Kit

Tonight I want to testify of the power of the Atonement and the love of our Savior Jesus Christ. The longer I live the more I realize I am so inadequate. I am not perfect. It seems like I'm always getting trials that remind me of this. :)

But, I know I can't do it on my own. I can't live my life with out my Savior. I need his help SO much. I'm so thankful He knows me. Guess what? He knows that I am not perfect. And He loves me anyway. He loves me so much that He was willing to suffer, bleed and die for me. I can't even comprehend it. But, because He did that for me, I can turn to Him and He will completely understand me.

I've been trying to work on faith. I want to have more of it, but it can be very hard. But,I remind myself if everything came easy and Heavenly Father just told us all of the answers, there would be no learning and growing.

The Lord gives us our trials so we can learn to have faith and trust in Him.

I read the following quote tonight, which I love:

"Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him. As God, He has infinite power, intelligence, and love. There is no human problem beyond His capacity to solve. Because He descended below all things (see D&C 122:8), He knows how to help us rise above our daily difficulties.

Faith in Him means believing that even though we do not understand all things, He does. We, therefore, must look to Him “in every thought; doubt not, fear not.” (D&C 6:36.)
-Ezra Taft Benson   (full talk here)

I think I should read that every day. It is powerful.

I know our Savior Jesus Christ can help us go through whatever we face. This life isn't going to be easy, but we don't have to do it alone. Our Savior can help us carry our burdens.

No comments:

Post a Comment