Sunday, August 24, 2014

His Divine Creation



As I was preparing for my lesson in Relief Society at church today, I came across this talk given by Gordon B. Hinckley. As I listened, I felt so strongly the love the Lord has for women.

In his talk, President Hinckley says, "I remind you that you are not second-class citizens in the kingdom of God. You are His divine creation. Men hold the priesthood. Yours is a different role, but also extremely important. Without you, our Father’s plan of happiness would be frustrated and have no real meaning."

I am so grateful to be a woman in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm grateful for my role as a woman in the Church. I'm grateful that the priesthood - the power and authority to act in God's name - is in this Church. And I'm grateful it blesses us all - both male AND female. 

No comments:

Post a Comment