Thursday, August 21, 2014

Perfectionism

"The wait for a perfect spouse, perfect education, perfect job, or perfect house will be long and lonely. We are wise to follow the Spirit in life’s important decisions and not let doubts spawned by perfectionist demands hinder our progress." -Elder Gerrit W. Gong

Read the whole article here.

I also really liked:

"...a brother may not consider dating a wonderful, worthy sister who doesn't fit his unrealistic profile—she is not a sports enthusiast (yup, definitely me), a Relief Society president (me), a beauty queen (me), a sophisticated budgeter... (okay, this IS me)"  (wish I could say "Thank you, Elder Gong!!!")

Of course, we should consider qualities we desire in ourselves and in a potential spouse. We should maintain our highest hopes and standards. But if we are humble, we will be surprised by goodness in unexpected places, and we may create opportunities to grow closer to someone who, like us, is not perfect."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment