Friday, January 24, 2014

"Let Them Be Little"


I spent all of last weekend with my sweet little nieces and nephews. And, for some reason this song recently popped in my head. It's a beautiful song with a great message. 

I love being an aunt. Truly, I love it with my whole heart and soul. I don't think anyone can comprehend how much I love it. I've been an aunt for ten years now. And I've learned a lot about parenting from it. I know I am no expert as I obviously don't have kids of my own. But, I do feel like being so close to the kids and seeing how my siblings parent has given me insight and a glimpse into parenting. 

I know that I have divine potential to become a mother. And I look forward to that time coming one day. I know that children are gifts from God. They are little miracles. It hurts me so much and makes me so sad when I hear of people not wanting kids- whether that be abortion or choosing to have a career instead, or whatever. Some of us would LOVE to have kids of our own.

I hope those who do have kids realize what a blessing they are.

"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord." -Psalms 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment