Thursday, January 30, 2014

There's More to Life

Just reading in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 16 tonight and thinking about the fact that there is more to life than the here and now. 

So many little things don't matter. One day we will "stand before the bar of God to be judged of Him..." Yikes. I can't even imagine. That really makes me think. I want it to be a positive experience. I want to look back on my life and be proud of what I did and how I used the time I was given.

I was listening to a beautiful song (also by Felicia Sorenson) the other day which talks about Christ coming. One line has been on my mind a lot: "earthly things will slip right through our hands, leaving just our hearts to stand before Him, just our lives to speak for what we've done, what we've become."

That's powerful. Earthly things will slip right through our hands. What will matter is our heart- who we've become.

So much to think about. So much I need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment