Sunday, January 5, 2014

Choose to Have a Good Year

Sunday is a huge day of reflection for me. It's a quiet time when I can take the opportunity to review the last week and look forward to what's ahead. 

With it being a new year, I've also been thinking about 2013 and now this new year we have before us.You know what's so great? Agency. We can choose to make this year a good one. If there's something about our life or ourselves that we don't quite like, we can most likely take steps to change those things. Or, if we can't, we can at least choose to change our attitude.

For instance, I will turn 28 this year. I am single. If I dwell on that thought too much it gets depressing. But, I can choose to make the best of this single life I have before me. I can choose to be happy. I can choose to have a great year of fun and improve myself as much as I can. Who knows, maybe one of these years it will happen. But, I don't know. So, I'm not going to sit around eating bon bons and crying. That will solve nothing. I'm going to choose to enjoy the journey.

I'm grateful to know that while there is so much that's out if my control, I have my agency and can make my own choices. I can (and will) make choices this year. It's such a happy thought- I have the power within me to become something amazing- THIS very year.

"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson.

No comments:

Post a Comment